Monday, August 19, 2013

The Pack List: 36 Hours in Tampa

Packing has never been my strong suit.  To be more specific, I'm a notorious over-packer, and a serial baggage dumper when it comes to leaving luggage at my hotel.  To a point, I'm one of those people who like an outfit for all occasions.  Even more so, I'm one of those people who constantly think that they can get reading and other life work (that involves weighty items) accomplished within a trip's span.
The Fauxgchamps Bag
In the spirit of defying odds and following in the footsteps of knowledgeable people like Jean from Extra Petite, I made a first attempt at packing efficiency for this weekend's 36-hour stint in Tampa, Florida.  In retrospect, I would deem this trip's packing job as a half success, considering I still had to leave my baby camera in the hands of one of my friends to take back as it wouldn't fit in my faux Longchamps ("Fauxngchamps") bag.

Of which containing:

  • 3 sets of swim suits
  • 2 dresses - one beach cover-up and one maxi
  • 1 pair of jeans
  • 1 skirt
  • 2 pairs of sandals
  • 3 tops
  • 2 pairs of shorts
  • Tolietries, make-up, jewelry
  • Some reading material
All that went in, and all that it came from.
Looking at this now, I'm not terribly sure how I accomplished putting all of this stuff in here.  I dare say, I'm impressed.  The takeaways?  Despite my fear of "anything can happen," I probably would've not packed about 40% of what I did.  As well, communicating what the plans were with the group first would have also been a good place to start the pack-planning.  Not to mention, going to the mall before you fly out could be considered a bad idea.  That being said, I completely resent the last statement considering I came out with a cute Club Monaco top.  Take that, efficiency!

Readers, any packing tips for the packing-deficient?  Is there hope for me somewhere out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment