Monday, November 26, 2012

Travelogue: Home Sweet Hotel

After a week and a half of the comforts of my apartment and stuffing my face full of home-cooked Chinese food, I'm on the road again in New Hampshire.  Frankly speaking, going from 70-degree afternoons in Atlanta to freezing cold nights in Portsmouth isn't desirable.  Nor is living out of a suitcase really, but it's a bit lovely to see in my 4-hotel tour of the township of Portsmouth what places do to make you feel at home.  Hence, if you ever find yourself in a hotel in the Northeast for an long period of time and love free tchotchkes, the Sheraton Harborside Portsmouth isn't a bad place to go.


Imagine my surprise to find a lovely, mystery box in my room.  Perfectly enough, I opened the box right before my usual "I'm tired and I don't want to go outside" jaunt to find free food in the club lounge.  Inside was a treasure trove of random Northeasterner-related snacks.  Yes, I'm on a diet, but then again, I'm not one to complain about free food.


In any case, happy holidays!  May your hearts be merry and your bellies be filled with delicious food!

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing. Love thoughtful hotels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite a nice snack pack! I'm surprised that the hotel didn't charge for all of those yummy goodies!
    :)
    Allison

    A's Fashion Files
    Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete