Sunday, July 15, 2012

Travelogue: To Portsmouth and Beyond

Sunset at Downtown Portsmouth

Seeing as I haven't been out of work quite yet, I think it's safe to say that I am and will be located for an indefinite amount of time in the cozy little sea town of Portsmouth, New Hampshire.  Now, I know what you're thinking.  "Gee Vivian, New Hampshire?  Really?  Might as well stop reading now."  Not so!  According to a quick scan of Wikipedia, Portsmouth is the fourth-largest community in New Hampshire's Rockingham County, and once home to a key naval port in the Revolutionary War!  If that doesn't do you in, then I can say that it's absolutely adorable, filled with some great little boutiques and amazing high-class restaurants, all bathing in the fresh salt air of the summer.  In all seriousness though, I feel like a Kennedy here, with it being just an hour away from Boston.

If cozy little Northeastern towns aren't quite your scene, then fret not.  I've got a good amount of adventure still left in me.  In the next month, look out for an inordinate amount of trips to New York City, a road trip to Bristol, TN for the Mumford and Sons concert, and finally the coup de grĂ¢ce, a trip to Spain.  See!  The "JET" part of the name is actually coming into play!

If you guys have any suggestions of what to do in Portsmouth, NYC, Tennessee or Spain, feel free to holler down below.  Suggestions are always welcome.

PS:  Apologies about the mess.  JET SET GO is going through some work.  It'll be fully pretty soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment