Sunday, July 8, 2012

Travelogue: Saturday at the Symphony

Is it sad that in the five months I've been living in my apartment that this is the first full week I've actually stayed there?  Ah, the life of a wandering nomad.  It's really glorious, isn't it?  I wish I could tell you that I did some exciting things back in Atlanta like rappel down the side of Stone Mountain or wrestle a panda, but alas, instead I decided to do boring stuff like go to BBQs and hang out with friends and family.  We can't win 'em all, now can we?

Yesterday, my friend Kathryn decided to shake up my normal Saturday night in Atlanta routine of Pinteresting and solo wine drinking by inviting me to see the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra with her.  As a former stereotypical Asian American high school student, I was happy to oblige.  Now, Atlanta is surprisingly more culturally and artistically diverse than the average tourist might believe.  The orchestra, along with Atlanta public radio, puts on a free general admission show once a month.  Tickets are first come first serve when the show is announced on the symphony's website.

The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra

The show proved lovely, opening with Wagner, intermittently incorporating gossip and catching up, and finally closing with Stravinsky's "Firebird."  Kathryn wore a black Banana Republic maxi dress with gold accessories, and I wore a yellow lace Zara sun dress with nude heels and a nude Sam Edelman clutch.  Unfortunately, the downside to traveling all the time for work and running a style blog is the fact that you have to rely on a cell phone to take all of your pictures, because nice cameras and tripods are too big and hard to transport.  As such, blurry pictures are never fun to look at.  I reiterate again, we can't win 'em all, can we?

In any case, have any fun girl dates you'd like to share, dearest reader?  Or are you a Saturday night Pinterester and Wine-drinker like myself?  I'll give you a cookie if you can give me a good answer.  Scouts' honor!

No comments:

Post a Comment