Friday, July 26, 2013

Friday Notables & Quotables

It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday-ay -- Oh, you startled me.  Nothing gets me going like the knowledge that I'm going to be back home in Atlanta for the first time in 3 weeks.  Here are some links that have gotten me through the last week, slash month, slash whenever I stopped writing here.

Depending on what you start reading this, be prepared for the gigantic time suck this will take on your day.  Spurred by their terrible dating histories, artists/creative types/adorable human beings/long time friends Tim Goodman and Jessica Walsh challenge themselves to date each other for 40 days, with rules of course.  I (as well as the 20 other sorority sisters of mine that I shared this with) have been absolutely obsessed watching this play out up to today (Day 19).  Tim and Jessica have already finished the experiment in the spring, but are just posting their day-by-day journal entries from now until August.

Candidly Nicole is a web series produced by AOL Video, documenting Nicole Richie as she navigates everything from family life to dating advice, break dancing to pageant queens.  Exactly, how scripted this series is is up for debate, but it's got the crazy comments of the Simple Life with the increasing classiness that comes with maturity.  Not to mention, I'm absolutely head over heels for everything she wears.  Girl knows how to work it.

My friend Olivia, who runs the lovely food blog Olivia's Palate, has been preaching the the gospel of paleo eating for at least the last two years to me.  Finally, after a rather successful turn at dieting, I'm drinking the Koolaid.  In the few weekends that I actually am at home, I go to Multiply Delicious.  If you're not willing to spend the extra cash on things like coconut flour, you can still make some pretty delicious things by substituting ingredients.

This song has remained pretty close to my heart over the last month.  It was a really rough month last month, despite all the pictures from Iceland.  In any case, it was rather cool to discover that this was filmed at the last hostel we stayed at in Reykjavik.  I will admit, it's not the best rendition of this song Of Monsters and Men have performed, so do check out the album version.  However, the filming was done beautifully.

DISCOVERABLE:  Messy Wands
Last but not least, check out something pretty and sparkly.  If I haven't already posted this, then well I'll be damned.  My friend Cary introduced me to a blog of one of her acquaintances.  Messy Wands is an encyclopedia of knowledge for newbie to putting on make up.  The products are a little pricey, but it does provide a good index of how to master certain styles.  Also, sparkly, shiny things are wonderful no matter how you look at it.

If you have any recommendations of blogs, songs, articles, other cool things to check out, let me know below.  I love things that waste time.

No comments:

Post a Comment