Friday, February 22, 2013

Travelogue: The Printed Catch-Up | New York Public Library

It's 5 A.M. and I'm blogging.  Has it come to this, dear cyber world?  That the only time I can write is in the wee hours of the morning?  Not so much, but my impending flight is delayed and as such, I couldn't think of a better way to spend an hour than to catch up on some much needed B&R time (that's Blog and Rest time).

In the attempt to combine a date with a working session, JZ took me to the New York Public Library a couple weeks ago.  As such, flashes of epic historic moments flashed before my eyes as we walked through the hallowed, tourist filled corridors.  The Gutenberg bible housed there, the scores of poems inspired by it, and, hell, Carrie Bradshaw nearly getting married to Big with a bird on her head.  Yes, I went there.

Rather than blather on about books and such, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.  

Exterior of the New York Public Library at night.


One of the main reading halls at the library.


No comments:

Post a Comment